Designing Your Broker Game Plan for Success in 2023
With us now being right in the middle of the Holiday Season, you’re ideally now going to want to set your goals for 2023 within the coming weeks, as well as design your game plan to achieve those goals. Otherwise things are going to be heating up for you once again very quickly after the New Year, getting you right back into your same old routine from 2022, if you don’t now take the time to focus on how you’d like to begin doing things differently.
Keeping this in mind, you’ll not only want to set your income goal for the year, but you need to determine the exact game plan that you’ll be implementing that you believe will achieve that income goal. Because setting a higher income goal for the New Year, without determining what you now need to do differently in order to achieve that income goal, just isn’t going to do it for you.
With this in mind, here are some examples of the kinds of things that you’ll want to include within your game plan, and while everything that I’m listing here may be more than you’ll want to do, any broker who follows this game plan will be moving towards becoming a dominate force within their own territory:
1) Make 150 prospecting calls every single week.
2) Continually work on keeping your database in the best condition imaginable, having the correct name, phone number, E-mail address, and mailing address of every single property owner you’ll want to be doing business with.
3) Mail two postcards per month to every single property owner whose property you’ll want to be listing, whenever they’ll be putting it on the market.
4) Record and publish a commercial real estate podcast at least twice a month.
5) Record and send videos of 1-3 minutes in length to your owners, keeping them informed on what’s going on within your market, and giving them tips on things like how to sell or lease their property for the maximum amount of money, and how to protect themselves in their upcoming transactions. In addition, recording and sending out a video in January of 2023, with you delivering your 2023 commercial real estate market forecast for the year, could be a great opportunity for you, too! Because who but the top commercial real estate broker in your market would be delivering this to them?
6) Continually work on improving your presentation skills, including improving both the presentation and the sequencing of everything that you do from the moment you first identify a new prospect, all the way up through asking the owner for the listing.
In addition, you’ll want to be obtaining the E-mail addresses of the people who you’ll be prospecting, and a great way to do this is by saying the following to them towards the end of your prospecting calls: “I publish an E-newsletter that keeps property owners like you informed on the important trends impacting the value of your property. Is this something that you’d like to begin receiving from me?” Then when you ask them for their E-mail address like this, it will help to maximize the probability that they’ll want to give it to you.
You’ll want to be sending E-mail communications to your people also, including sending marketing information and important information that they’ll want to know about, and E-mail is a great way to send your owners links to your new videos and podcasts also. In addition, you’ll want to be posting this information on social media, too.
So in putting all of this together, come up with your own game plan that you’ll be implementing to accomplish your income goal for 2023. The one that I’ve outlined is one that someone would want to utilize if they are determined to be a powerful force within their market, so in keeping this in mind, design and implement the game plan that corresponds to the level that you want to be playing the game at within your own commercial real estate brokerage business, and in addition, if you’d like to talk about what we can accomplish together by having me coach you, to make sure that you’re implementing all of this into your own brokerage business, send me an Email, or give me a call!